In addition to Customs paperwork, individual countries will also apply their own rules to all goods being shipped into the country. These restrictions are currently applied to goods arriving in the destination country from outside the EU.
We’ve put together some important questions that you may have below. We hope that the answers will provide you with a better understanding of what the changes are so you’ll know what to expect for future international shipments from us.
Will I be charged customs Duty/VAT fees?1. Yes. Due to Brexit there have been some changes in VAT, duties and handling fees for our European customers.
2. Current EU regulations mean that Import Duties will be applied to goods over €150 and VAT will be applied to goods over €22 on arrival to the destination country.
3. We have removed the UK VAT (20%) from all our prices and this should offset the VAT charged in your destination country. Therefore, you are not being charged double VAT.
4. Please note these regulations are due to change in July 2021.
Are there any other charges?
In addition to Duties and VAT fees, you will also be charged handling fees by the courier. Handling fees will vary by country and are listed here. They are set by the destination country so we have no control over them here in the UK.
Are there any restrictions in my country?1. Please contact your local customs office to get all current and relevant information regarding importing goods (including maximum number of cosmetics allowable, business or personal use licenses where applicable) before placing your order.
2. As far as we know, the following countries have special restrictions on cosmetics arriving into the destination country:
a.) Spain (no items allowed for private individuals),
b.) Italy (maximum of 4 items and no more than 2 of each item),
c.) Portugal (private use only)
d.) Greece (max 3 items)
4. Failure on your part to understand the restrictions in your country will result in your parcels being returned back to us. In case of a return in such cases, we will refund the costs of products only (shipping charges will not be refunded) and you may be liable for return shipping fees.
How will taxes and duties be paid?1. Where applicable, DHL will collect the import VAT (and customs duty) from you prior to delivery, alongside a handling fee. You should receive an email and text along with a link to pay these charges.
2. Failure to pay these charges will result in the shipment being returned back to us. In case of a return in such cases, we will refund the costs of products only (shipping charges will not be refunded) and you may be liable for return shipping fees.
3. To avoid delays, please ensure that we have your correct email and phone number at the time of order.
4. You are reminded that taxes and duties are the responsibility of the customer and we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount as they vary by country.
What delivery services will be available?1. For EU destinations, we offer DHL Economy (3 - 10 business days) and DHL Express services (2 - 5 business days).
a.) DHL Economy (road shipment) to Europe is our least expensive option with slightly longer transit times than DHL Express.
b.) DHL Express (air shipment) is the fastest way to get your products to you in the current climate.
3. Delivery times are subject to customs clearance and we will not be held liable from failure to meet these times.
4. Please be aware that due to the ongoing impact of covid-19 and the effects of Brexit at the ports some parcels may take longer to arrive.
How much will delivery cost?
Delivery prices are calculated at checkout and are based on weight, location and the service selected.
Does the delivery cost include Duty, VAT and Handing charges?
No. All prices exclude Duty/VAT and handling charges.
All information is correct at the time of issue and may be subject to change. if you have any questions, then please contact us here