How to use Bio-Oil | Top 10 Methods You Didn’t Know About
Quintessentially natural, and an all-around solution to skincare problems, made with a combination of vitamins and plant extracts, Bio-oil has been the one-stop solution for years for scar and stretch mark treatment.
Formulated with a blend of essential oils such as Calendula Oil, Lavender Oil, Rosemary Oil, and Chamomile Oil along with Vitamins A and E; Bio-Oil is natural and healthy for the skin, acting as a great antioxidant. It also contains the magic ingredient for skin, PurCellin Oil, which is truly a godsend and protects the skin from aging and dryness.
We all know by now that Bio-oil is the solution to stretch marks and scars, but it also has qualities that are beneficial to our skin and hair problems, and can easily replace the chemical products that lie in rows in our bathroom cabinets. With winter just around the corner, we all are shuffling through products that would protect our hair and skin from the dry and harsh weather. What if we told you that you only need one product that would cater to all your skin and hair problems, this season, and every other season?
Here are the top ten methods that you didn’t know about on how to use Bio-Oil:
How to use Bio-Oil as face moisturizer:
Owing to its hypoallergenic (relatively unlikely to cause allergic reactions) and non-comedogenic properties, meaning it won’t clog pores, Bio-oil acts as a great moisturizer supplementing the skin by keeping it hydrated.
While Vitamin A improves the skin’s texture, elasticity, and tone; Vitamin E increases the moisture content of the epidermis, thereby making the skin softer, smoother, and supple. Take a few drops of Bio-oil on your palm, tap it on your face and leave it like that. As the oil is a lot lighter in texture compared to other oils, it will be absorbed easily and your skin is will have a radiant glow.
How to use Bio-Oil as a makeup base :
1. If you have dry skin, you can simply use it as a hydrating base before applying your make-up. This will prevent your foundation or primer from clotting up and getting blended very smoothly on your face.
2. To top it off, you can apply a very small portion of bio-oil on your face after you are done with your make-up, the oil would complement your skin giving it a subtle glow.
3. Bio-oil can also help you get picture-perfect eyelashes. Pour two to three drops of Bio-oil on cotton and simply dab it on your eyelashes and apply mascara. The lashes won’t stick to each other as you apply mascara and the mascara would also last longer on your lashes.
4. You can use bio-oil as a cleanser to take off your makeup as well.
5. Surprisingly, Bio-oil also acts as a foundation thinner. Just mix a few drops of Bio-oil with your foundation, and it would become lighter and blend easily.
How to use Bio-oil for Acne
The quintessential blend of natural oils makes it the perfect antidote for acne problems. Formulated to cure scars, Bio-oil helps in reducing the occurrence of acne as well as fading the scars from acne that happened in the past but left its mark. Apply on the affected area every night before sleeping, the scars will fade and your skin tone will also lighten.
How to use Bio-oil for Lines and Wrinkles
With age comes experience, and it also brings with its lines and wrinkles on our skin, that we never prepare ourselves for. It is important to take care of our skin from an earlier age so that it can retain its youthfulness and glow.
The Bio-oil formula has high proportions of Vitamin A which contains retinol, which along with Vitamin E, known for its regenerative properties works to keep the skin firm and smooth, diminishing the appearance of wrinkles. Apply it onto your hands and face before going to sleep, and let it seep into your skin cells.
How to use Bio-oil for hair
The presence of PurCellin in Bio-Oil gives it a light consistency with a dry oil-like persistency, which helps in keeping the hair strong and healthy, without leaving it greasy.
1. Bio-Oil can be applied on the scalp just like any other hair oil. It is effective in treating split ends and breakage.
2. Bio Oil can also be used in the form of a hair mask. Apply it overnight and cover your hair with a towel, and wash it off in the morning with a natural sulfate-free shampoo. Voila! You will be amazed to see the results. Your hair will look healthy and hydrated.
3. Bio-oil also helps in taming frizzy hair. Rub a few drops on your palm and slide your fingers through your hair from roots to the lengths of the hair, for sleeky, frizz-free hair.
4. If you are someone who loves the pool, massage your hair with Bio-oil before diving in, it would keep your hair protected from chlorine water.
How to use Bio-Oil for Body care
Bio-Oil can be positively added to your skincare regime owing to its rejuvenating properties. Breathe life onto our skin by making it a part of our daily body care routine. Apply it onto your cracked heels and dry elbows before going to sleep, and the skin will gradually get moisturized from within. You can also take a few drops of Bio-oil in your bath as a bath oil and massage it onto your body. The presence of Rosemary oil in Bio-oil helps to invigorate and has mild antiseptic capabilities and thus eases congestion, puffiness, and swelling of the skin, keeping it supple and soft.
How to use Bio-Oil for nails and cuticles treatment
Be it bitten cuticles or the skin coming off from the sides of your fingernails, the large proportion of Vitamin E in Bio-Oil largely helps to restore moisture, healing cracked cuticles and yellow nail syndrome- which causes peeling, cracked, and yellow nails. Apply one drop each with a dropper on each nail every day for effective results.
How to use Bio-oil to treat Dark circles
Long working hours and tight schedules make dark circles and under-eye patches a part and parcel of living. The secret ingredient of Purcellin in Bio-Oil will fade those dark circles and lighten the under-eye skin tone. Apply Bio-Oil every night before going off to bed with a cotton blush and you won’t be waking up with puffy eyes anymore.
How to use Bio-Oil to treat dry skin after tattoo removal
After tattoo removal, the skin gets highly damaged and dry. It is important to keep it hydrated. Bio-Oil heals the skin after tattoo removal as the natural oils work together to keep the skin from getting further damaged and rough. Apply Bio-Oil in the affected area thrice every day in intervals, allowing the oil to be absorbed completely by the skin and heal from within.
Stay calm and Zen with Bio-Oil
Last, but not least, the fusion of lavender and Chamomile in Bio-Oil works wonders on stress and anxiety. Apply a few drops on your pulse points and its calming effect will surely work on your nerves.
To conclude, Bio-Oil has been used for decades, owing to its natural components formulated for its medicinal benefits. However, it is also important for us to know our skin and body and give it the right diet so that it responds in the right manner. Given the myriad benefits of Bio-Oil, it is no less than a healing potion, setting its mark in the market.